Autodesk Revit/BIM Technician - Mechanical
Your Opportunity Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in architecture, interior design, engineering, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and systems that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team involved in complex, exciting projects that will enhance your career growth. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Edmonton office is looking for an Autodesk Revit/BIM Technician to join their growing Mechanical Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanical systems, with the flexibility to support other practice groups as well.
Your Duties The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Sets up new Revit project files and maintains file structure for projects
- Works with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation
- Skillfully works in both Revit MEP on 3D projects; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation
- Creates electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements
- Converts redlines to document-ready work
- Publishes, posts, and manages drawing sets
- Maintains drawing revisions
- Adds insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Certificate or diploma from technical college and at least 2-3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the architectural/engineering/contractor industry
- Must have experience working on HVAC and Plumbing drawings and models
- Has familiarity with electrical, lighting, and technology design within the built environment is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Revit MEP are preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Building Information Modeling
- Skilled at clash detection in Revit - clash detection skills with Navisworks is preferred
- High level of initiative, with ability to synthesize new technologies, industry trends, and client needs to make recommendations and initiative changes that add efficiency and value
- Ability to multi-task to timely produce accurate deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top