Audiovisual Regional Leader
- Seattle, WA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The US West Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Audiovisual Regional Discipline Leader contributes to the overall strategic and tactical leadership of the Stantec Buildings group AV specialty. This position will grow the Pacific Northwest AV practice, lead strategic projects, be client facing, contribute to project delivery standards and work processes, provide quality control, workload forecasting and financial performance accountability. The AV leader is visionary with the ability to see, build, and sustain the long-term future of the Stantec ICT/AV business, its people, and contributes to differentiating Stantec from other competing firms and positions Stantec and its staff as innovators in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
People and Practice Management - approximately 15% of time
- In collaboration with Audiovisual Discipline leader, develop annual budgets for sales, topline revenue, training, utilization and project performance for the Pacific Northwest Audiovisual group.
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, identify and forecast staff needs and assignments based on current and projected workload and SME requirements.
- Hold project team members accountable for deliverables and best practices.
- Directly manage up to 5AV staff in performance management environment.
- Responsible for the financial performance, quality control processes, and project delivery for AV projects.
- Ensure PM compliance with best practices, including Stantec PM Frameworks.
Project Involvement - approximately 60% of time
- Provide owner-centric consulting to develop technical solutions, standards and managed services to the owner.
- Work with PM's and SMS's on key projects to develop and deliver client drawings, specifications, presentations, reports, and other deliverables.
- Provide senior project client facing leadership on key projects and for key account. Periodically act as a QC reviewer on AV projects.
Technical Leadership - approximately 10% of time
- Maintain awareness of operational, technical or regulatory changes within the AV and AEC industries overall, disseminate such knowledge to staff and firm, and integrate into existing processes and standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of AV specifications, technical documentation and standards.
- Oversee AV design delivery process and best practices and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Provide oversight for your AV staff's education and certification process & balance firm, BC and staff needs.
Business Development/Marketing - approximately 15% of time
- Contribute to the development of strategic and tactical business development and marketing plans for the AV group and align with firm-wide ICT goals and strategies.
- Develop an owner consulting plan to directly market our managed servicesstep to the end user.
- Work with ICT and Acoustic Practice leadership to develop integrated services and coordination strategies.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships, concentrating on relationships directly to the owner.
- Develop presentation materials and present to clients (external & internal) and at strategic industry events.
- Represent the firm through published articles, public speaking engagements and attendance at industry and community events, meetings, and conferences.
- Develop project proposals.
- Assist the marketing department with the development of AV marketing materials and content.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Outstanding client service skills with ability to lead practice members in consistently delivering an exceptional standard of service to every client.
- Strong managerial skills; with ability to hire, engage, develop, and retain top-tier talent.
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify, develop and map strategy, prepare, interpret and manage budgets, and analyze business results.
- Ability to multi-task and operate within critical time lines. Applies logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into deliverables.
- Business development skills with ability to identify and develop prospects, nurture key relationships, cross-sell services, negotiate, and engage business.
- Deep knowledge of Audio video and acoustics systems technologies and systems design, and the ability to communicate effectively about them to non-technical project stakeholders. Also, strong knowledge of other ICT Systems including voice and data cabling infrastructure, electronic security, wireless systems, nurse call, fire alarm, building automation, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of building project components, project management and delivery systems; ability to continuously evaluate and refine processes to increase efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Outstanding consulting skills; with ability to present a credible, engaging image in keeping with Stantec's high service standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation and public speaking skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 10 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Experience delivering ICT/AV consulting to Architects and Owners in diverse markets including healthcare, commercial, data center, higher education, life sciences, civic and government.
- CTS, RCDD, CCNA, PE, , PMP, etc, certifications are all plusses in a potential candidate.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Extensive, owner-direct consulting experience.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, managing, and retaining top talent.
Office Location and Schedule
- This position is based in the Seattle/Lynnwood office. Periodical presence in other office locations is required.
- Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. Independent travel is required, with travel comprising up to 15% of the work month.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The staff member frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to walk and climb.
- The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The staff member must occasionally operate a motor vehicle.
- Current valid drivers license.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Audio Video Consultant
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000107
Back to top