Associate, Structural Engineer- Healthcare
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
You will be a part of a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
The role of an Associate Structural Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team leader of larger projects responsible for work of Structural Engineers. The Associate Structural Engineer will be able to evaluate, select, and specify engineered systems or products for a project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently complete calculations and drawings for small and medium projects
- Development of job specific discipline specifications independently for less complex projects
- Lead junior engineers in complex projects
- Works with and coordinates with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project
- Independently perform Construction Administration duties including completing field observations reports, responding to RFIs, submittal reviews, and evaluating contractor change orders
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Communicate design issues and solutions with the design team and Owner clients
- Have an understanding of industry standard design processes and understanding of construction means and methods
- Work within project scope, budgets, and design approach to deliver projects to clients on time, on budget, and at a high level of client service
- Assist with development of design standards
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of structural design codes, standards, and applicable building codes
- Strong knowledge of structural systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form concepts and ideas to a diverse audience of Architects, Engineers, and Owner clients effectively
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Experience with modeling software (Autodesk Revit)
- Experience with general business and industry software (Microsoft Office suite) and Industry standard Structural Engineering software (CSI, RISA, RAM, etc.)
Education and Experience
Masters' degree in Engineering plus 7-9 years related experience; minimum of 6 years of experience with delivering OSHPD healthcare projects. California Professional Engineering (PE) license is required, Structural Engineering (SE) license is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001YY
Back to top