Associate Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
You will work with junior and intermediate engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. You will report to I & C Engineering Discipline Lead.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting control systems engineering and automation designs - Producing construction drawings, schedules and datasheets using computer-aided engineering production tools
- Assist in the development of specifications
- Assist in reviewing contractor submittals
- Supporting engineering services during construction
- Active participation in field data-gathering and equipment assessment assignments
- Working in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Possess solid interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Advanced knowledge of standard desktop software is required including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; Adobe pdf tools. - CAD experience - AutoCAD or Bentley Microstation - is preferred.
- Programming experience (Microprocessor, C , SQL structures, etc.) is desirable
- Willing and able to travel. Occasional international travel may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a related engineering field.
- Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam or prepared to take the exam within one year of employment
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Irvine
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: MIG-33710
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top