Assistant Resident Engineer
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire an Assistant Resident Engineer for a flood prevention scheme, construction supervision project.
The Assistant Resident Engineer will be required to:
•Lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor within contract period
•Implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study
•Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple sites
•Effectively evaluate technical proposals and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
•Evaluate and monitor the progress of the Works in accordance with the submitted Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) along with the Cost Breakdown Structure and Resources Breakdown Structure.
•Oversee all environmental protection aspects of the construction and operation of similar size sewerage projects.
•Ensure Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
•Review and justify the material submissions, analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project's specifications.
•Prepare QA/QC plans and have the ability to lead and motivate a project QC team, write clear, brief and accurate technical reports.
•Prepare construction project monthly valuation.
•Prepare Site Instructions and Variation Orders.
•Assess and evaluate Contractor's Claims
Assistant Resident Engineer
-Bachelor's Degree in Civil from an accredited University
- A recognised Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision and management of multi-disciplinary Civil Engineering construction projects
- Must have extensive experience in construction and supervision of large size force main pipelines of various types including DI, GRP, HDPE etc. including micro
tunnelling works procedures, machinery setup, monitoring site activities, traffic diversions etc.
- Should be able to review the material submissions, analyse laboratory and technical reports, ensuring the compliance with the project's specifications. Experience in
Quality Assurance Specifications.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor within contract period and meeting PWA quality objectives.
- Knowledge of Qatari/GCC standards and QCS specifications will be added advantage.
Civil Engineering, Construction
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec...we're looking for opportunities.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top