Assistant Project Manager
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity An Assistant Project Manager works in concert with the Project Manager in supporting the needs of the client and the project team. Close cooperation and timely communication between the Assistant Project Manager and the Project Manager is essential in assuring that evolving project needs and priorities are met. An Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for much of the organization and maintenance of the day-to day administrative tasks associated with construction administration. Responsibilities also include assisting the Project Manager in various tasks in planning, organizing, and directing the project work. The Assistant Project Manager role often serves as a progress step on the career path to becoming a Project Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress on expectations, deadlines, and deliverables that fall within their responsibility.
- Manages the submittal and RFI response process.
- Conducts and manages construction observation reporting and developing punch lists.
- Assists in developing addenda and construction change directives.
- Assists in assuring that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Assists in the development of consultant agreements.
- Assists in project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Assists in monitoring and coordination of consultant work and deadlines.
- Understands the limits of the decision-making of their responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Project Manager responsibilities.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple Project Managers on multiple projects.
- General understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Takes direction well, however proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
- Manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Good communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with SketchUP, Newforma.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top