Assistant Project Manager, Buildings
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity As an Assistant Project Manager (APM), you will report through a Project Manager or Project Director on one or various projects. This will allow huge growth potential as you will be exposed to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. You will have the support and mentorship of our leadership and expert Programs and Project Management team.
You will need to be detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful, and able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines. This challenge requires ambition to broaden your education and an eagerness to gain the knowledge and tools to advance your career. As an APM, you will need to demonstrate professionalism in all forms of communication, attire, attendance, and work independently and as part of a team. This is an opportunity to excel in Stantec's work environment, and to do so you will need to remain open to others' ideas and exhibit a willingness to expand your capabilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of Project Manager / Director;
- Conducts budget and schedule management;
- Participate in activities of Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants;
- Deliver day-to-day project tracking and communication with the client and project team;
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team;
- Provide direction to the Construction Team on behalf of the owner;
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project;
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors;
- Support the preparation of Monthly Reports to Owner;
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction;
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project;
- Assist in move-in activities;
- Review all invoices and change orders associated with the project;
- Assist in resolving disputes and claims;
- Reports to Project Manager / Project Director
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- New college graduates considered, requiring strong Co-op and/or Internship experience within Engineering, Architecture, and Construction firms preferred
- 1-3 years' experience strongly preferred along a Junior / Assistant Project Manager career track; may include Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management background.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top