Assistant Project Manager
Your Opportunity Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises. We've managed thousands of projects across all sectors, including buildings like hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms. Join a team of program and project management specialists that's passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities.
- To lead small to medium sized projects, and to provide direct assistance to the Program / Project Managers to ensure timely completion of all Project Management & Project Controls related activities & deliverables during the various stages of multi-discipline large complex projects.
- Support all Project Management and Project Controls related tasks on a project working directly under a Program or Project Manager on complex projects,
- Take ownership of small to medium sized projects, under the mentorship of a Program or Project Manager, to deliver them on time, within budget and to the required quality standards;
- Assign multi-discipline work teams per project requirements, define scope of work for each individual team, specialist sub-consultants etc. and set quality objectives for all project teams.
- Responsible for financial & programming aspects for all assigned projects, or part of projects.
- Review project schedule as per changing project dynamics, provide mitigating solutions for meeting the project goals and deadlines.
- Ensures contractual timeframe for responses to Project Management, Project Control, and other contractdocumentation, creating the necessary logs and tracking system to achieve the task. Sends necessary reminders to the team to ensure all are aware of requirements.
- Reviews variations or claims that affect the project schedule, scope and/or quality.
- Assists in the review of critical path items to be raised by the Senior Project Manager.
- Creates weekly, monthly and progress status reports as required for projects.
- Attends stakeholder meetings and workshops to provide status of baseline program and other relevant Project Control elements.
- Establishes an execution framework to promote quality, value, timeliness, and profitability.
- Provide overall risk management reporting at the project level in support of Project Control tasks.
- Analyses project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization, for internal use.
- Prepare monthly "Estimate to Complete" for all assigned projects, or part of projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for projects.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Relevant and recognized tertiary and post-graduate qualification + area of expertise relevant to the business.
- Possess a high level of competency in Project Management, and an ability to identify potential problems on the project, and suggest solutions in how to avoid them.
- A guideline of 10 years' experience of a wide range of relevant projects in a multi-discipline office, including 5+ years' experience of being involved in multi-discipline projects / project teams in the Middle East.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized, professional and able to communicate effectively - verbal, written and graphically, including an exemplary level of professional behaviour.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of skill in Project Controls related tasks with a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Project Management related processes and tasks - including Schedule Management, Scope Management, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Procurement Management, Cost Management etc.
- Highly skilled in Project Management / Project Control software and tools like Primavera P6, MS Project etc.
- Substantial knowledge and skill in related Financial and Scheduling skills (e.g., budgeting, cashflow, monitoring, scheduling, resource allocations etc.).
- Preferably a member of a relevant professional association (e.g. PMI etc.) and holding a professional certification relevant to the role like PMP, Prince etc. for a 3-5 year period in good standing.
- Achievement and results oriented to meet stakeholder expectations, budgets, and deadlines.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top