Assistant Project Manager (AZ) - Commercial Tenant Improvement
MWH Constructors is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support industrial and vertical construction project work in North America. This position is located in Chandler, AZ.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The Assistant Project Manager acts as a resource for the Project manager in running the day to day project management operations of the job.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Identifying any lead-time problems or set-backs working with PM to resolve and keeping all appropriate parties in the loop regarding project implications.
• Managing the submittal process and effectively communicating with subcontractors and project team as needed to ensure potential issues are quickly resolved.
• Developing and maintaining positive Subcontractor relationships through established strong communication in regards to responsibilities, changes and issues as well as following up on requests in a timely manner.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI's and follow through to resolution.
• Establish and implement office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contracts.
• Implement projects controls for distribution and record keeping of correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
• Review all incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the Contractor's pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI's and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Ensure Project management systems are maintained up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with review and analyze Contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
• Assist estimating staff with quantity takeoffs and solicitation of subcontractors and material vendors.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist in resolving construction problem/issues and perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• 2-5 years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor
• Bachelors in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience and training/education is desired.
• Experience managing small projects or as part of a project team on larger, more complex projects
• Experience in managing projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility to travel when required
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required within 2 years. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification required within 1 years if PMP has not been obtained within 2 years.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top