Assistant Project Manager
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter futu re
Stantec has an opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager in our Plano, TX office.
Your Duties: The Assistant Project Manager works in concert with the Project Manager in supporting the needs of the client and the project team. Close cooperation and timely communication between the Assistant Project Manager and the Project Manager is essential in assuring that evolving project needs and priorities are met. An Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for much of the organization and maintenance of the day-to day administrative tasks associated with construction administration. Responsibilities also include assisting the Project Manager in various tasks in planning, organizing, and directing the project work. The Assistant Project Manager role often serves as a progress step on the career path to becoming a Project Manager.
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress on expectations, deadlines, and deliverables that are a responsibility of the Assistant Project Manager
- Manages the submittal and RFI response process
- Conducts and manages construction observation reporting and developing punch lists
- Assists in developing addenda and construction change directives
- Assists in assuring that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented
- Assists in the development of consultant agreements
- Assists in project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Assists in monitoring and coordination of consultant work and deadlines
- Understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Project Manager responsibilities
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A minimum of 3 years of related industry experience is preferred
- A professionally accredited degree in Architecture in support of professional license is required.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting Project Managers on multiple projects
- General understanding of accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes
- General knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- General knowledge of all phases of architectural document production
- Good ability in modeling software (Autodesk Revit)
- Experience with general business and industry software (Microsoft Office suite. Newforma tools, etc.)
- Good organizational skills
- Takes direction well, however proactively takes action without requiring continued direction
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills with client and project team members
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top