Assistant Construction Manager
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, engineering and PM/CM services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Join Stantec's Los Angeles Project Team on the Purple Line extension project!
- Support management of Rail/Transit Tunnel projects. Act as an Assistant Construction Manager overseeing the activities of Assistant Construction Managers, Office Engineers, Assistant Office Engineers, Lead Inspectors, Construction Inspectors and Administrative/Project personnel.
- Monitor Contractors' work for compliance to schedules, Budget, Technical Specifications, and Legal Requirements.
- Resolve design and field construction problems.
- Attend progress meetings and report on project status.
- Expedite design and field changes.
- Review contractor requests for change and assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications. Assist the LACMTA Contracting Officer in the support of contract changes.
- Communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of LACMTA's safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other related field.
- Twenty (20) years of experience in Construction Management or Large Complex Heavy Civil Engineering projects.
- Fifteen(15) years of experience in the construction of transit projects.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience in the management of Major Construction contracts.
- Valid California Class C driver's license.
- State of California Professional Engineering Registration or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Certified Construction Manager or Project Management certifications desirable.
- Experience on Transit Projects of at least $100 million that include variable earth pressure balance or slurry TBM's of a diameter greater than 15 feet, cut and cover construction in an urban area, Sequential Excavation Method (SEM), amd track & Systems.
- Cal-OSHA/OSHA 30 training required at start of work on project.
- Design Build experience preferred.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top