Stantec's New England Transportation group has an immediate need for an upcoming Civil Engineer with focus on Asset/Pavement Management particularly roads, sidewalks, and traffic to improve infrastructure repair prioritization and planning for progressive municipalities within New England region. This position is located in our Burlington, Massachusetts office.
This entry-level position is for an individual that understands Asset Management planning concepts and Civil Engineering fundamentals from education, internship, co-op, or other work experience. You will have an opportunity to work in an upcoming field to see first-hand the challenges facing our public works agencies to provide clever plans with sound financial solutions.
We are looking for Civil Engineers or equivalent who have a positive attitude, are fast learners, and enjoy working outdoors.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct field visits and assessments for data gathering.
- Use ESRI ArcGIS and other asset management software.
- Contribute to data analyses, developing repair plans, and report of findings.
- Attend and participate in client, agency and public meetings.
- Receive training and mentoring for diverse team of engineers.
- Be a valued member of a unique project team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate proficiency ESRI software and Microsoft Office.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, desire to learn, punctual, and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for short periods of time. Field work may include extensive data gathering and asset inspection with exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time
Job: Civil Designer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 19000258
Back to top