MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking an Area Superintendent to support our new wastewater project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsibility for assistant supervision of major work activities including site work, concrete, mechanical and process equipment installation.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC employees and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Plan and supervise employees and subcontractors' activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of employees and different subcontractors.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Review employee and subcontractors' daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to assure that the following days work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
• Perform additional assignments per project superintendent's direction.
• At least 8 years' experience, as assistant, supervising water/waste water construction projects.
• Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
• Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management
• Safety oriented, OSHA training required
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top