- Las Vegas, NV
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water Business Line is seeking an Area Manager for the Nevada market, based in our Las Vegas Office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer with a proven track record in business development and client management. This position is for those with the leadership ability to manage large, complex water projects and work successfully with a multi-disciplined project team, including management, staff, consultants, and contractors to drive project implementation. Taking on responsibilities for strategic business development, revenue generation, and client management, this position provides a unique opportunity for an individual who flourishes in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, and who wants to be an integral part of a team leading the company's efforts to grow our Water Business in Nevada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead business development and marketing efforts to win large water and wastewater treatment and conveyance projects, providing leadership to technical and marketing professionals in responding to proposals, overseeing preparation of pre-qualification packages and requests for proposals.
- Participate in large, complex water and wastewater design projects, including the execution of projects in a lead role with a multi-disciplined project team
- Actively engage in client relationships, taking responsibility for project and service delivery with Water clients in the Nevada.
- Participate in client functions, trade shows and conferences regionally and nationally.
- Create and leverage relationships across Stantec's practices and geographies to ensure service delivery and development of innovative solutions to client needs.
- Build, grow and develop a high performing team through the attraction, recruitment, retention and inclusion of staff within the practice.
- Report revenue attainment, key initiatives and upcoming opportunities for the region.
- Drive Stantec's Safer together culture and prioritize the health and safety of employees.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Project Management of large complex water projects that include project scoping, financial planning, budgeting and contract negotiation.
- A strong communicator and influencer who uses verbal and written communication to deliver presentations across all project stakeholders (regulators, utility boards, public commissions, city councils etc.).
- Effective networking and relationship management skills and a proven track record of generating $5-8m in revenue annually
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related discipline is required
- Master's in Engineering related discipline preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- A minimum of 15 years of detailed experience in the Water/Wastewater Treatment industry, leading significant planning and design projects as well as business development and client management experience.
- Established working relationships in Nevada with pertinent organizations including city councils.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Business Development Professional
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000384
Back to top