Area Leader - Community Development - Plano TX
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your role as Area Leader is to work together with Business Center leaders to provide operational, technical and people leadership to the Community Development team, and continue our growth & success in the Plano/Frisco, Texas market.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base and in efforts to position the firm to acquire new business. Further, you will have responsibility as Project Manager for projects in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
As Area Leader, you will be responsible for maintaining project schedules and budgets, for contract negotiations and for client interaction for land development projects. You will provide direction to the Community Development staff to guide projects to a successful completion. You will be responsible for project quality control and possess a solid understanding of the overall project development and design process as well as possess extensive project management experience and a high level of professionalism in their dealings with the public and staff. This position reports to the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Organize and supervise the work of a technical team with regard to the planning, design, processing and construction support of civil engineering projects
- Supervise the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and preliminary and final reports for land development projects
- Perform project management duties on major engineering projects, including client and sub-consultant coordination; making presentations to planning commissions, zoning boards, municipal officials and public agencies; attending client meeting; and visiting job sites
- Maintain project budgets, preparing estimates, establishing cost controls and maintaining project schedules and quality control; prepare monthly billing
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts within North Texas and surrounding area, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts
- Prepare project proposals and attend pre- and post-proposals meetings/interviews
- Contribute in the Career Development and Performance Review process for team members in the local office
- Work with the HR Business Partner for Community Development, collaborate with local and Business Center leadership to attract, grow, and retain high-quality staff
- Collaborate with local and Business Center leadership to ensure the proper staffing of all projects including hiring, staff transitions, and labor sharing
- Collaborate with local and Business Center leadership to establish, nurture and support the cross-discipline project design processes, communication and best practices
- Work with Business Center (BC) Leadership to identify BC priorities and strategic opportunities in the geographic market.
- Collaborate with the Business Center and other Regional/Area Leaders to gather feedback and ensure that the integrated design process is delivering high quality results in the area location, making course corrections when necessary
- Collaborate in developing components of the annual BC Operating Budget related to the local area market
- Collaborate with local area leadership, including Project Managers, to ensure the office meets its operation goals and adheres to the PM framework
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A track record of establishing and maintaining client relationships in the Plano/Frisco TX area
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships
- Strong ability to motivate staff and promote teamwork within and across offices
- Excellent organization, coordination, management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in various disciplines of Community Development (Engineering, Planning, Landscape Architecture)
- Results oriented individual who excels in multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong project planning and delivery experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design software
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
Education and Experience
Minimum of 10 - 15 years of project management experience, including ability to organize and supervise the work of other engineers, designers and sub-consultants.
Education equivalent to college degree in civil engineering or equivalent work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001KO
Back to top