Architecture Project Manager
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity The Washington DC studio of Stantec Architecture, a national leader in commercial architecture, building repositioning and workplace thought, design, and practice, is seeking a senior-level Project Manager to work with local and regional leadership to design great projects, grow the practice, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
At Stantec, we believe design extends beyond the elements that define space. At its best, design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors, and lends purpose and meaning to our activities. If that resonates and you have a passion for managing projects in the commercial, building repositioning and workplace sectors we encourage you to submit your qualifications. Join our team of creative professionals to work with us to inspire others.
Your Key Responsibilities A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed professional chiefly responsible for engaging clients, supporting project teams, and reporting on internal and external measures of project performance. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate mastery of these compulsories while at the same time having a passion for the following: mentoring the next generation of architects, leveraging design to enhance teaching and learning, instilling a sustainable mindset, and growing business through presentations, interviews, and cultivation of client relationships.
- supporting Project Architects in developing, managing, and monitoring internal workplans;
- determining staffing needs and recommending project personnel;
- monitoring internal and external measures on project performance;
- reporting on progress toward internal measures and project goals;
- promoting industry standards and best practices in terms of project management and design including, importantly, sustainable design;
- preparing consultant agreements;
- maintaining positive client relationships and cultivating client satisfaction;
- participating in business development and new project pursuits;
- assisting in recruiting;
- mentoring junior staff to increase planning, design, and management capacity in them and the studio;
- growing studio's base of knowledge by sharing expertise through presentations to the studio and region; and
- participating in the winning of new projects including collaborating with others to develop capture strategies, writing proposal collateral (e.g. description of proposed project methodology), interviewing with clients, and developing client relationships by participating in development meetings with clients, participating in client conferences, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- As can be inferred from the list of responsibilities, s/he must be passionate about commercial, building repositioning and workplace design; proficient in REVIT and other design/documentation software; have copious experience with project financials; an excellent communicator (verbal, written, drawing); be well-versed in a host of applicable codes and regulations; be well-versed in systems and materials, means and methods, and industry standards; able to rigorously adhere to management and design best practices including best practices in sustainable design; able to mentor junior staff and grow the professional capacity of the studio and region; and willing to collaborate with leadership to market the firm and develop business.
- At his/her best, a Project Manager at Stantec is task-driven, well-organized, open-minded and curious, an excellent drawer, an effective leader and communicator, a rigorous thinker, and accountable to his/her team, firm leadership, and, ultimately, the project and client.
Education and Experience A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects.
Professionally accredited degree in architecture or equivalent;
architectural license; and ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states.
- Letter of interest, resume with list of representative projects, and sample of portfolio work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top