Architecture Project Manager
The Washington DC studio of Stantec Architecture, a national leader in commercial architecture, building repositioning and workplace thought, design, and practice, is seeking a senior-level Project Manager to work with local and regional leadership to design great projects, grow the practice, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
At Stantec, we believe design extends beyond the elements that define space. At its best, design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors, and lends purpose and meaning to our activities. If that resonates and you have a passion for managing projects in the commercial, building repositioning and workplace sectors we encourage you to submit your qualifications. Join our team of creative professionals to work with us to inspire others.
A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed professional chiefly responsible for engaging clients, supporting project teams, and reporting on internal and external measures of project performance. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate mastery of these compulsories while at the same time having a passion for the following: mentoring the next generation of architects, leveraging design to enhance teaching and learning, instilling a sustainable mindset, and growing business through presentations, interviews, and cultivation of client relationships.
In addition, Project Managers at Stantec work closely with studio leadership and Project Principals and are responsible for:
- supporting Project Architects in developing, managing, and monitoring internal workplans;
- determining staffing needs and recommending project personnel;
- monitoring internal and external measures on project performance;
- reporting on progress toward internal measures and project goals;
- promoting industry standards and best practices in terms of project management and design including, importantly, sustainable design;
- preparing consultant agreements;
- maintaining positive client relationships and cultivating client satisfaction;
- participating in business development and new project pursuits;
- assisting in recruiting;
- mentoring junior staff to increase planning, design, and management capacity in them and the studio;
- growing studio's base of knowledge by sharing expertise through presentations to the studio and region; and
- participating in the winning of new projects including collaborating with others to develop capture strategies, writing proposal collateral (e.g. description of proposed project methodology), interviewing with clients, and developing client relationships by participating in development meetings with clients, participating in client conferences, etc.
A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects. As can be inferred from the list of responsibilities, s/he must be passionate about commercial, building repositioning and workplace design; proficient in REVIT and other design/documentation software; have copious experience with project financials; an excellent communicator (verbal, written, drawing); be well-versed in a host of applicable codes and regulations; be well-versed in systems and materials, means and methods, and industry standards; able to rigorously adhere to management and design best practices including best practices in sustainable design; able to mentor junior staff and grow the professional capacity of the studio and region; and willing to collaborate with leadership to market the firm and develop business. At his/her best, a Project Manager at Stantec is task-driven, well-organized, open-minded and curious, an excellent drawer, an effective leader and communicator, a rigorous thinker, and accountable to his/her team, firm leadership, and, ultimately, the project and client.
- professionally accredited degree in architecture or equivalent;
- architectural license; and
- ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states.
- Letter of interest, resume with list of representative projects, and sample of portfolio work.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Architecture & Interior Design
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top