Architectural Project Manager
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
A strong design concept becomes the
heart of a project and guides our design decisions. We are looking for
collaborative Architects who believe projects are led through design quality,
clarity, and an innovative spirit. We value
Designers whose optimism and creativity challenge the boundaries of what can be
We believe design extends beyond the
physical elements of a space - it shapes our lives and influences our behaviors
and interactions. We strive to create meaningful places which are
memorable and have a positive influence on our communities. Join our
interdisciplinary team of creative professionals and work with us to create
inspiring spaces for all.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leadmultiple project teams - focused on design quality
- Contributeand advance design vision through all project phases
- Understandall influencing factors of a project while providing a design solution meetingthe requirements of our clients
- PresentDesign concepts in Client presentations, Jurisdictional hearings, and Communitymeetings
- Mentoryounger architects and develop their skills for a holistic understanding of ourprofession
- Reinforcea culture of collaboration, and innovation
- Participatein BIM modeling throughout project design & documentation
- Performlimited administrative and office management tasks
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate in project team setting.
- To lead several teams on large complex projects through the development of design concept.
- To receive criticism and respond appropriately and professionally.
- Inspire confidence and garner trust and respect with the project team and with clients.
- Provide a balanced approach and good judgement.
- To check work of others for accuracy and completeness, and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Scale process, design and effort to various roles on the project, the needs of the project, and other conditions.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material. Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Understanding of historical values and context.
- To present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives.
- To exhibit maturity and cultural awareness internally and externally.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD,Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira, Recent modeling software; Prefer experience with 3D Printer, Laser cutter.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 10-15 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900020D
Back to top