Your Opportunity: 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking an Architectural Historian or Historian on an on-call/seasonal basis. This position will primarily consist of research and report preparation, and may also include field work, determinations of eligibility, architectural descriptions, site record preparation, and consultation documentation.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in conducting background research and preparing reports of history/architecture investigations;
- Prepare written architectural descriptions and determination of eligibility;
- Perform history/architecture fieldwork tasks including survey, photographing resources, and taking extensive notes; and
- Preparation of site records.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BA/ BS in in architectural history, art history, historic preservation, or closely related field, with coursework in American architectural history.
- MA in architectural history, public history, historic preservation, or related degree is a plus.
- Experience conducting or assisting with architectural survey and documentation.
- Very comfortable using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Occasional out-of-town travel.
- Required effective communication between coworkers.
- Qualified applicants should exhibit strong technical skills, good communication skills, and feel comfortable making decisions in the field.
- 5+ years of professional experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act; NEPA experience is a plus, as is FERC, FHWA, or USACE project experience.
Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful completion of a physical and drug screen, background and reference screenings.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top