Your Opportunity: Our Buildings group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible, and award-winning projects. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, planning and mechanical/electrical/structural engineering for a wide variety of markets.
Stantec is seeking an entry level Architectural Designer with a focus on our Science and Technology practices to join its Architecture Group in Endicott, NY. This role is ideal for a recent graduate with a strong work ethic, who's capable of prioritizing and communicating to multiple groups, able to work independently or with a team, and with a strong desire to learn more about Science and Technology Facilities. This position requires a detail oriented individual with a strong background in Revit -a team player who can coordinate with several project managers, discipline leads, and balance multiple projects and priorities.
Science is a complex business and designing facilities that adapt to ever-evolving technologies presents unique challenges. Flexibility to adapt to changing standards and needs, sustainable building design, and high-volume production are some of the numerous factors to be considered. You'll work with your team lead to understand those complexities and work with owners, researchers, instructors, and production managers to build facilities that inspire creative thinking and collaboration, as well as efficient processes.
Your Duties: Perform independently on most tasks or even portions of a project, and acquire a strong foundation of understanding across all aspects of the role.
- Utilize Revit and AutoCAD in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including floor plans, building elevations, sections and details.
- Coordinate with external consultants with awareness of quality and progress of work.
- Contribute to project coordination and site meetings with internal team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building systems and materials.
- Assist with bidding and construction administration phase tasks and processes.
- Communicate and work effectively with other members of the production team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or demonstrated experience in the field of architecture.
- Knowledge/experience in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Desire and ability to grow in technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible and coordinated detailing.
- Ability to group and grow basic knowledge of accessibility and building codes.
- Must be able to coordinate construction document production with all team members across disciplines
- Must have well rounded understanding of all components of a building including Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineering
- Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized, committed to high quality, personable with strong communication skills.
- Must be a good listener, a good communicator and develop strong working relationships with clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top