Architectural Administrative Assistant
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Administrative Assistant with our Architecture team in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Your Duties The successful candidate will:
- Type reports, memos, letters, meeting minutes or various other documents using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Assist with project set-up assistance and Consultant Payable Coding
- Backup to the Office Safety Environment Coordinator (OSEC), prepare RMS 1 and RMS 2 forms as needed
- Manage, log-in, track and return contractor submittals and Request for Information
- Assist with the file management of preproposal documents for technical proposals.
- Type and assemble the specifications documents, using project specification software; ex Masterworks in MSWord for AIA master specs, SpecsIntact, and BSD specification. Use of MSWord required, others may be learned on the job.
- Assemble the Project Management Manual for projects.
- Manage files through both hard copy and electronic filing management including creation of new files, filing and archiving
- Respond to staff needs in a timely and effective manner
- Understand and comply with Stantec's policies and procedures
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Make a great first Impression, greeting clients, vendors, and staff, in person and over the phone
- Operate phone system and effectively route calls
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of conference rooms and break room after events, order and coordinate food for meetings
- Effectively handle the monitoring and ordering of office supplies
- Coordinate and handle incoming and outgoing mail including shipments via UPS and FedEx
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Certificate/diploma in Construction Administration or Construction Specification Institute- CDT Certified related field preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Must have high school diploma. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a professional administrative support role in a professional organization.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven administrative, data entry, customer service, verbal & written skills, as well as team skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam are required. Specsintact a plus.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top