Architect - Project Manager, Transit
- Washington, DC
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager with Transit Station and/or Maintenance Facility experience to join our Team. You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base to position the firm to acquire new business. Further, you will have responsibility as Project Manager for projects in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively participates and helps to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Strong ability to motivate staff and promote teamwork within and across offices.
- Assures that Stantec Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations Leader in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages collections. A track record of establishing and maintaining client relationships in the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast area.
- Development and maintenance of industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub consultants, partners and potential recruits with a primary focus in Mid-Atlantic or Northeast and the surrounding areas.
- Identification of major/strategic/transformational projects associated with top clients/prospects coming online in the next one to three-year horizon.
- Understand procurement, market trends and business outlook within sectors.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Perform client needs assessments in coordination with Sector/Regional leadership for clients within the Account Management program.
- Translate client/business needs into effective business development strategies and corresponding marketing collateral and selling material.
- Meet and build relationships with targeted clients with the objective of introducing Stantec and increasing our exposure for that specific program and project pursuit and related ones.
- Develop and/or assist in defining overall team project pursuit plan win strategy.
- Lead and/or assist with proposal development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive project experience supports the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer understanding of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP, Microsoft Projects.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 12 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
Willingness to travel regionally and occasionally nationally for business development and project work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 2000018V
Back to top