Architect - Post Secondary Education
Your Opportunity Our education sector is looking for talented, creative individuals who are interested in being part of a collaborative dynamic team that is currently involved in designing and delivering first class education projects.
Our BC offices offer an active group of engaged professionals working on premier, award winning, educational projects with in western North America. Our recent projects include the following: Centre for Brain Health at UBC, University of the Fraser Valley, University of British Columbia Okanagan University Centre Intensification, Thompson Rivers University Master Plan, Selkirk College Trades Modernization and Student Commons, Grant McEwan University Students Union and the University of Victoria Students Union. We are a growing team that is well positioned in the market with a strong understanding of education clients.
We always aim to achieve high quality learning environments that can uniquely address current and future trends in the field. We focus on the tectonics of buildings combined with the larger picture of the campus in order to create architecture and master plans that work for our end users. We are looking to expand our team with talented individuals who are keen and interested in becoming part of a vibrant growing education sector team.
Your Duties We are seeking two Architects for our Education Sector, ideally an Intermediate and Senior level, who are passionate about delivering quality projects for both post-secondary and k-12 clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead key education projects including renovations, new buildings, laboratories, student union expansions, learning commons, master plans, campus infrastructure, student housing, student dining facilities, utilization analysis, business case writing, bench marking, 21 st century teaching and learning spaces
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for excellence
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Identify and win key projects
- Lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies to meet current and future education client needs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor or Masters' degree in Architecture with at least 7-10 years of experience at an Intermediate level and 10-20 years at the Senior level, experienced primarily in the development and delivery of educational projects; some laboratory design experience in healthcare/commercial/ industrial sectors would beneficial
- Experience using 3D software such as Revit and/or SketchUp
- A body of work to view that demonstrates superior talent and creativity, range of projects including your 3D software skills and effective solutions to creative design solutions
- Ideally, you are registered Architects in Canada/US; we may consider those with excellent relevant experience who are not currently registered with AIBC.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top