The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity We are looking for a Project Architect, who shares our passion for sustainability and wellness. We are a 10-person office in Rosslyn, working on a variety of projects with an emphasis on transit and infrastructure architecture.
Our team has designed some of the most dynamic transit centers and operations and maintenance facilities in North America. These facilities have set a new standard for transit facility design. They are functional, beautiful, sustainable, and mindful of the needs of the people who use them. From bus, rail, streetcar, and city/county operations and maintenance facilities to actively utilized transit centers, we have a passion for the sustainably built environment. Our office prioritizes flexibility, culture, and support of career development. Stantec promotes excellence in design by ensuring our employees have access to work-life integration and engagement in all aspects of the architectural process.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively participates and helps to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge's responsibilities.
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Develop and manage overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentors and motivates project teams.
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Works with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal's in Charge on multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent communicator.
- Requires understanding of Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with AutoCAD, SketchUP.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top