The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity We have an exciting opportunity for a Architect with our team in our Chicago, IL office. Reporting to office and project leadership, the Architect will be responsible for leading all phases (planning and conceptual phases through project completion) of various projects. The successful candidate has the ability to lead and inspire the team, client and other stakeholders, especially as it relates to Great Design, collaborate closely with the Stantec team, and place a significant leadership role in the documentation of the design in the Design Development and design oversight in the Construction Document phases. Your Key Responsibilities Design
- Excellent conceptual, creative design skills and trend setting vision
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments
- Strong conceptual design and design development skills
- Develop and implement overall design concepts
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills; effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
- Knowledge of all aspects of architecture and design Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Highly motivated with inspiring leadership qualities and collaborative disposition
- Significant experience presenting to and working directly with clients
- Work with firm leadership to make strategic decisions related to the projects and pursuits
- Make recommendations to PM regarding staff assignments and general project strategy
- Provide marketing support, including proposal and presentation leadership
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Licensed Architect or on way to obtaining licensure.
- Experience with complicated, innovative, large-scale, and/or significant clients is preferred.
- General knowledge of Revit and other graphic programs is essential.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution.
Note: Please include work samples in your application in order to be considered for this position.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top