The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
We are looking for a Project Architect, who shares our passion for sustainability and wellness. We work on a variety of projects with an emphasis on transit and infrastructure architecture. Our objective is to improve the urban experience through great buildings and places, public transit options, and resilient infrastructure. At the same time, the work we do is personal. From office workstations to transit stations, we seek to improve quality of life, health, safety, and equity among Angelenos. Stantec has been laying the groundwork for enhanced mobility in LA through planning, designing, and delivering transit centers, O&M facilities, light rail systems, express busways, bike and pedestrian pathways, and highways.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a leader on some or all project phases: conceptual design, programming, space planning, DD, SD, and CD's.
- Use and redline Revit/CAD/BIM on production drawings and details that meet the design criteria.
- Review specifications.
- Serve as point of contact to clients and internal team members.
- Coordinate work with contractors, inspectors and consultants.
- Perform in all aspects of the CA phase.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget and scope of services on project.
- Manage from a project work plan.
- Direct and mentor other team members.
- Understand QA processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions.
- Keep abreast of technological developments such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, contractors, agencies, and consultants.
- Revit and MS Office experience required.
- License, or documented progress towards a license, is required.
- LEED AP Certified or LEED project experience preferred.
- Understanding of building engineering system concepts.
- Experience utilizing design/build project delivery and LEAN design practices preferred.
- Knowledgeable with codes, agency and standards research.
- Has knowledge and understanding of firm, federal, agency and other required standards and requirements, and can teach others.
- Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives.
- Skilled at design and technical concepts.
Graduate of an accredited architectural school with professional experience in an architecture office.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top