Your Opportunity: We are seeking an enthusiastic Architect to join our team in the Anchorage, Alaska office located in the heart of Midtown in the Fireweed Business Center.
We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architectural work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration - spaces that are designed for community. We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space - good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
This position will encourage development of skills while supporting our team with new project proposals, existing conditions analysis, concept design, and production of construction documents, project presentation graphics, and construction administration. This position also offers opportunities for inter-office collaboration on a variety of projects sizes and complexities.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates architectural work; coordinates technical and administrative activities.
- Perform routine aspects of architectural assignments.
- Prepare project specifications.
- Performs various tasks in each of the five phases: schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding and negotiation, and construction administration.
- Create rough concept and detailed SketchUp drawings.
- Develop, modify, and review production drawings and construction documents.
- Be involved in analyses of client problems in conceiving and developing architectural solutions to those problems.
- Attend kick-off and design review meetings.
- Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Work closely with other offices to perform local projects, and strengthen the relationship of existing clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Graduate of a 5-year Architecture program with a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Architecture.
- Professional Architectural Registration is required.
- 10+ years' of experience in related field, or equivalent combination of design experience.
- REVIT, AutoCAD, and SketchUp proficiency required.
- Project specification capabilities are required.
- Seek solutions to design opportunities in a proactive manner, manages their time and workload efficiently.
- Able to collaborate and discuss ideas with others in constructive and amicable fashion; respects all team members.
- LEED certification is preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top