Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We are seeking an experienced Architect to join our team in Yellowknife and become a key designer and business developer. Located in the Northwest Territories, the Yellowknife office has a vibrant and dynamic environment with excellent opportunities that encourage Team members to stretch in personal and professional growth. Our multi-disciplinary team approach is unique, and rewarding. We are involved in diverse projects across the Northwest Territories ranging from recreational and civic buildings to healthcare and school facilities, as well as residential complexes, airports, and correctional buildings.
- Work with the Senior Leadership team in our group to continue to grow our business
- Work with the other key staff to develop "win" strategies, including client contact
- Proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews
- Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members
- Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for excellence
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work
- Attract and retain architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of project
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of experience as a registered architect
- Registration, or immediate eligibility to register with the Northwest Territories Association of Architects
- Experience in a variety of public, institutional, mixed use, retail and commercial buildings as well as varying scales of multi- family residential
- Experience in healthcare, institutional, commercial, or industrial projects is an asset
- Strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, especially younger teams
- Supervisory experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods
- Willingness to understand how information is created in Revit
- Strong interest in the art of design presentations
- Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Canadian and Northern codes, standards and best building practices
- Ability to conduct project related travel to Northern communities as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Experience an adventure!
Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories and is a remarkably cosmopolitan city of roughly 20,000, filled with well-educated families and professionals. It is the commercial hub for projects and communities across the NWT and the wilderness is just steps from our downtown office. In Yellowknife, northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas.
Up here work-life balance truly exists. Whether you're interested in an adventure filled with fishing, skiing, hiking and snowmobiling, or just looking to live in a beautiful, small urban centre, Yellowknife could be the place for you.
Build your career AND enjoy your life!
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
We would like to thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top