Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently hiring up to three (3) Archaeology Technicians from the DC metropolitan area (Maryland, DC, and northern Virginia) for upcoming field projects. Local candidates required as there is limited opportunity for per diem or lodging reimbursement.
- Performing physical work such as digging, screening, and walking for an 8-hour work day
- Excavating shovel test pits and test units for Phase I, II, and III studies
- Completing field data sheets
- Recording and evaluating soils using color (Munsell), texture, and inclusions; Orienteering using a compass, USGS topographic maps, plan maps, GPS units, and aerial photography
- Assist with setting up a site grid, datum, and excavations units; Mapping site plans and individual shovel tests, units and features in plan and profile
- Identifying historic and prehistoric artifacts
- Identifying cultural features
- Cleaning and preparing site surfaces for mapping and photography
- Serving as laboratory assistant when work is available indoors
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology or a related degree
- Completion of an archaeological field school or a minimum of two (2) years' experience conducting archaeological field investigations
- Ability and willingness to work in adverse weather conditions, including extremes of heat and cold typical of the Mid-Atlantic region
- Ability to walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours through sometimes rugged terrain and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Archaeological field experience in Virginia or Mid-Atlantic, preferred
- Industry-specific safety training certificates is an asset
- Valid driver's license required and good driving record
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top