Archaeologist - Permit Holder, Junior PM - ( 210000EN )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeological team. Full-time permit holder position based out of the Kamloops or Kelowna office. Work will focus predominantly on projects in the Southern Interior of British Columbia.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec's Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program
- Support the management of existing and new projects
- Leading the execution of field and desktop studies
- Hold HCA permits for projects across British Columbia, with a focus on the Southern Interior
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Proposal writing
- Client management, client communication and business development
- Work closely with other senior staff to make technical recommendations for cultural resources management
- Technical writing and report preparation
- Technical direction to staff/mentoring of staff
- QA/QC of technical documents
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and Indigenous groups
- Demonstrated experience in archaeological project development and management
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Experience in mapping, pedestrian surveys, subsurface testing, excavation, data collection
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and Indigenous groups
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/technical backgrounds including internal and external clients, Indigenous groups, and regulatory agencies
- A valid class 5 driver's license is preferred
Education and Experience
A Bachelor or graduate degree in Anthropology or Archaeology is required.
Minimum of 7 years' experience in cultural resource management
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Job : Archaeologist
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 29, 2021, 7:29:58 AM
Req ID: 210000EN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans