- Eagle River, AK
in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our
work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more
than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an
inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a
place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on
work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a
team that has the environment down to a science.
role will include archaeological survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery,
and construction monitoring, report and section writing, Department of Parks
and Recreation 523 site record forms, as well as other tasks as assigned. You
will do shovel testing, test unit excavation, soil profile description,
artifact analyses, preparation of detailed field notes and archaeological site
records. You must be able and willing to work both indoors and outdoors in remote
locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, often
traversing rugged terrain. Must demonstrate awareness for workplace safety; and
be willing to work independently when conditions are appropriate or with
limited supervision. You will work closely with Stantec's project managers,
laboratory resources and environmental staff.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage tasks and projectsaccording to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports onschedule and within budget
- You may also be responsible formanagement and supervision of archaeological projects, including survey,site evaluation, and site mitigation.
- Contribute to and lead businessdevelopment activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, andrelationship building with clients and prospective clients
- Interact and interface withclients and environmental regulators
- Contract document preparation,including detailed design drawings and specifications, and projectpermitting
- Construction contractadministration and site inspection services
- Participate in Health, Safetyand Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines inthe execution of all work
- Assists in analyzing currentand emerging technical issues, and implementing actions to proactivelyaddress market, business, regulatory, and/or economic issues.
- Assignments/projects areadvanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning andconducting assignments/ projects having broad scope for independentaccomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- Recommendations are reviewedfor soundness of judgment; accepted as accurate and feasible.
- Provide supervision, training,technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
- Review work of junior staff.
- Applies technical and businessknowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economicalsolutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Executes specific technicaltasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of routineand moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in and consistentlydemonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, includingclient-specific training (if applicable).
- Strong skills in technical writing.
- Skilled in communications andtechnical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists,government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technicalcommunication to the public.
- Disciplined approach to projectexecution and technical excellence.
- Ability to provide written and verbaldirection on project delivery.
- Shows leadership in striving tocontinuously improve technical performance.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives,and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Builds and maintains productiveprofessional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts withinthe region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality andappropriately scoped technical work.
- Ability to use field data collectionequipment such as GPS, transit, and Total Station
- At least five years of experiencesuccessfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex projects.
- Good driving record and valid driver'slicense required.
Education and Experience
Masters degree in Archaeology, or related field preferred. Minimum 5 years related
experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree)
and experience. Experience in California preferred.
Ability to travel and conduct field work for
extended periods of time of 1 weeks at a time.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for
long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including
inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Other Locations: United States-Alaska-Wasilla, United States-Alaska-Fairbanks
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000016Y
Back to top