Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: We are looking for an on-call archaeologist to conduct a variety of cultural resources surveys, excavation preparation of cultural resources sections of California Environmental Quality Act and Section 106 of the National Historical Preservation Act documents, and perform archaeological monitoring services. The position requires conducting field work primarily in southern California with an preference for the Bakersfield area, as well as office based professional work. This position works as part of the larger environmental services team and will likely require support to multiple Stantec offices. A willingness to travel is preferred. Candidates will also likely be requested to support other service areas related to environmental assessment and remediation projects
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Cultural Resources survey and excavation.
- Cultural Resources monitoring.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Previous experience conducting Record Searches at an IC.
- Artifact analyses and interpretation.
- Basic report writing and client communications that can be substantiated is required.
- Completion of projects efficiently within allocated budgets and timelines.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Prehistoric and/or historical resources field experience in southern California, as well as experience with reporting and laboratory analysis tasks.
- A minimum of four years Professional and Research experience in Southern California.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred.
- A willingness to travel as requested.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top