Archaeological Field Director
- Burnaby, Canada
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeological team. Stantec offers the opportunity to work on a variety of large and small scale projects, providing archaeological services to a diverse client base in a number of different locations in British Columbia. Full time Field Director positions based out of the Burnaby office are available. Work will focus on a variety of projects, both local to the hiring office and across British Columbia.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in identifying and recording areas of archeological potential, archaeological sites, and traditional use sites
- Work closely with a Project Manager to make technical recommendations for cultural resources management
- Collect field data
- Lead preliminary field reconnaissance surveys and archaeological impact assessments, archaeological monitoring and excavations
- Manage field equipment
- Actively participate in Stantec's HSSE programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in cultural resource management
- Willingness to learn identification of traditional use sites & features, CMTs, and lithic artifacts
- Experience in mapping, pedestrian surveys, subsurface testing, excavation, data collection
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and First Nations
- A valid class 5 driver's license is preferred
- Experience working with precontact and historical artifacts is an asset
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Anthropology or Archaeology is required.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000013O
Back to top