Analyst, Benefits Data Management
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, construction services, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through to design, construction, commissioning, maintenance, decommissioning, and remediation-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties: The Analyst, Data Management, in the HR Service Center, is responsible for being the point-of-contact for benefit vendors in regards to data imports and exports. is responsible for performing complex data entry for Human Resources. This position performs data loads, runs reports, and scrubs files. The Analyst serves as the primary contact for on-going file transfers and data transfers. This position is responsible for all medical eligibility inquiries. The Analyst also trains junior staff.
- Handles data loads and scrubbing of files. Serves as primary contact for on-going files and file transfers. Handles complex data entry in Oracle and TPA sites. Responds to eligibility inquiries for medical benefits (e.g., Medicare and subrogation);
- Provides benefit carrier file support. Works with the payroll departments on deduction issues, missing deductions and/or adjustments;
- Performs testing for system changes and new initiatives. Maintains processes for the Benefits Data Management Team;
- Conducts data audits; ensures documentation for SOX compliance and state reporting for benefits;
- Provides training to junior staff. Serves as a back-up for Consultant and Coordinator/Senior roles; and
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 5+ years of data management analytics and business reporting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- PHR, SPHR, or CHRP is an asset;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS Systems (preferably Oracle)
- Data management best practices and principles;
- Human resources general policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Benefits principles and guidelines;
- Human Resources related jurisdictional laws, legislation, rules and regulations for North America required; multi-national knowledge required; HIPPA, European data protection regulations;
- Data analytics, metrics compilation and interpretation;
- Ability to anticipate, analyze and resolve system issues;
- Process improvement practices and principles;
- Project Management principles;
- Mergers & Acquisition Integration;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with colleagues, supervisor and clients; and
- French language is an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top