Airport Resident Engineer
- Houston, TX
As Resident Engineer you will be responsible for construction administration and leading field efforts for airside and/or landside airport infrastructure and development projects. This role is ideal for a skilled problem-solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with design and engineering teams on air carrier and general aviation airport improvements, including pavement, drainage, utility, and landside/site projects
- Review construction plans and specifications, cost, and schedule
- Work on procurement plans and review bids
- Monitor field activities, Review contractor work and execution plan
- QC/QA inspection, and close-out of projects
- Coordinate and direct efforts with technical staff
- Exercise discretion and balance the need for independent and collaborative efforts
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in construction process
• Preferred experience in airport/aviation engineering and construction projects
• Familiarity in FAA standards and specifications
• Familiarity with Airport/City capital projects and Public Program execution processes
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas preferred
• Comprehensive understanding of project development process
• Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies
• Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources
• Thorough understanding of local codes, legal, design and construction requirements
• Understanding of project scheduling tools, and proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
• Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
• Current driver's license, ability to obtain airport security badge, and passing required security background check as required
• Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some periodic field visits
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003EQ
Back to top