Air Quality Specialist
- Westlake Village, CA
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking an Air Quality Specialist in the Environmental Services Practice to be based out of one of our California Offices. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and energy technical consulting experience for a wide range of land uses and activities including but not limited to transportation infrastructure, power generation, oil and gas, marine and port facilities, water/wastewater and urban land development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of technical air quality studies, air quality sections of CEQA/NEPA documents and permit applications to EPA/local air pollution control districts/air quality management districts.
- Provide technical assistance on air quality and climate change projects including understanding regulatory language and issues, framing the problems, prioritizing risks, and designing solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality permitting and compliance programs under NSR, PSD, Title V, state, and local regulations.
- Develop emission inventories including air, GHG, and toxics.
- Support preparation of additional federal, state and local air permit applications as required and meet reporting requirements including estimation of emission rates associated with various regulatory requirements.
- Lead the preparation of greenhouse gas emissions inventory evaluations, greenhouse gas emissions sections of CEQA/NEPA documents and permit applications.
- Lead the preparation of dispersion modeling analysis required for crafting health risk assessments in accordance with the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) guidelines.
- Lead analysis of energy impact analyses as required by the latest updates to CEQA Guidelines.
- Participation in client and/or agency project meetings related to addressing air quality.
- Prepare proposals for air quality services, greenhouse gas emissions, dispersion modeling, health risk assessments, and energy analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of other CEQA section analysis, particularly utilities and service systems and transportation impacts.
- Interface with representatives of other Stantec Practices to facilitate cross selling of services.
- Participate in field work including data gathering, field sampling, and site evaluations on environmental projects.
- Supervise and/or mentor technical staff.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High level knowledge of air quality models, including CalEEMod, EMFAC, OFFROAD, CALINE4, AERMOD, CAL3QHCR, ISCST3, AERSCREEN and SCREEN3.
- High level knowledge of local, state, and federal air quality rules and regulations including district regulatory programs, the federal Clean Air Act, and greenhouse gas regulations.
- High level knowledge of air quality impact analyses, health risk assessment methodologies, and greenhouse gas analyses.
- Ability to prepare air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and energy technical studies/impact analyses in support of CEQA/NEPA projects.
- Experience with Clean Air Act Conformity Analysis, particularly for transportation projects.
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills are desirable.
- An ability to manage several air quality studies/project tasks simultaneously is essential.
- The position will include preparation of air quality related proposals and scopes of work.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Microsoft Excel proficient, VBA experience a plus.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, good organization skills, strong verbal communication skills, and a passion for high quality of work.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
A minimum of 3-5 years of professional air quality experience. A bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or a related field. A master's degree is strongly preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-California-Thousand Oaks
Other Locations: United States-California-Pasadena, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-California-Walnut Creek
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001HZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top