Air Quality Scientist
Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a senior level air quality scientist/engineer for its Reno, NV office. This sector of the company provides air quality services including permitting, dispersion modeling, and ambient and meteorological monitoring to clients in a variety of industries such as mining, cement, lime, steel, recycling industries, oil and gas, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of the NDEP air quality requirements and an ability to become familiar with federal regulatory agency requirements, and the permitting processes, including PSD, Title V, non-Title V, and the permit revision process
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Five years environmental engineering or consulting experience with emphasis in air quality and regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to effectively interact with regulatory agencies
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to establish excellent relationships with clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent quality of work
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Demonstrated experience to market and bring in project work.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an environmental or scientific discipline
- PE, EIT, or other professional certification in an environmental scientific or engineering discipline is desired, but not required.
- Experience in ambient air impact analyses.
- Experience in ambient air quality and meteorological monitoring.
- Basic knowledge in emission source testing.
Responsibilities may include client development, directing and working with permitting personnel, regulatory and technical review of applications, interfacing with clients and regulatory agency personnel, development of permitting strategies, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and excellent growth opportunity for the qualified candidate.
"Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status."
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top