Air Quality Project Manager
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a senior level air quality scientist/engineer for its Tempe, Arizona, office. This sector of the company provides environmental consulting services including air quality permitting, dispersion modeling, ambient and meteorological monitoring, and regulatory analysis to clients in a variety of industries such as aerospace manufacturing, metallic mining, cement and lime production, steel manufacturing, waste disposal and recycling facilities, oil and gas production, biofuels and energy production, and semiconductor manufacturing.
Your Duties Responsibilities may include client development, project management and technical work, directing and working with other permitting staff, regulatory and technical review of applications, interfacing with clients and regulatory agency personnel, development of permitting strategies, etc.
- Direct and perform preparation of air quality permit applications.
- Mentor and guide staff members.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Prepare proposals and project plans for complex air quality permitting projects, including emissions netting, air quality impact modeling, emission inventories, process descriptions, and regulatory analysis.
- Manage project quality, budget, and schedule to meet and exceed client and regulatory agency expectations.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings during regulatory development processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Intimate knowledge of federal air quality requirements and the ability to become familiar with local regulatory agency requirements and permitting processes, including PSD, Title V, non-Title V, and permit revisions.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an environmental or scientific discipline.
- Ten years environmental engineering or consulting experience with emphasis in air quality and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Proven ability to establish excellent relationships with clients.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent quality of work, schedule, and budget.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience to market and bring in project work.
- Desire to advance and gain greater responsibilities.
- Experience with directing ambient air impact analyses.
- Experience in ambient air quality and meteorological monitoring.
- PE, EIT, or other professional certification in an environmental or related discipline is desired, but not required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top