Air Quality Project Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a senior level air quality scientist/engineer for its Tempe, Arizona, office. This sector of the company provides environmental consulting services including air quality permitting, dispersion modeling, ambient and meteorological monitoring, and regulatory analysis to clients in a variety of industries such as aerospace manufacturing, metallic mining, cement and lime production, steel manufacturing, waste disposal and recycling facilities, oil and gas production, biofuels and energy production, and semiconductor manufacturing.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Client development, project management and technical work, directing and working with other permitting staff, regulatory and technical review of applications, interfacing with clients and regulatory agency personnel, development of permitting strategies, etc.
- Direct and perform preparation of air quality permit applications.
- Mentor and guide staff members.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Prepare proposals and project plans for complex air quality permitting projects, including emissions netting, air quality impact modeling, emission inventories, process descriptions, and regulatory analysis.
- Manage project quality, budget, and schedule to meet and exceed client and regulatory agency expectations.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings during regulatory development processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Intimate knowledge of federal air quality requirements and the ability to become familiar with local regulatory agency requirements and permitting processes, including PSD, Title V, non-Title V, and permit revisions.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Proven ability to establish excellent relationships with clients.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent quality of work, schedule, and budget.
- Demonstrated experience to market and bring in project work.
- Desire to advance and gain greater responsibilities.
- Experience with directing ambient air impact analyses.
- Experience in ambient air quality and meteorological monitoring.
- PE, EIT, or other professional certification in an environmental or related discipline is desired, but not required.
Ten years environmental engineering or consulting experience with emphasis in air quality and regulatory compliance.Three years of supervisory experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other'stalents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top