Air Quality Consultant (Bristol or London) - Expression of Interest
Redefine your personal best
At Stantec we support our clients in delivering sustainable and desirable developments through promoting our ethos of 'designing with communities in mind' and 'Places first' by providing insight at the initial conceptual stage of developments to ensure air quality positive design measures are embedded to minimise generation and exposure to air pollution (outdoor and indoor).
The Air Quality team undertakes a wide range of studies across the UK throughout the development control process (i.e. in support of site promotion, input to planning application, condition discharge) for all scales and types of development. We also undertake detailed studies in support of Environmental Permit applications in the power, water, industry, minerals and waste sectors.
As an ambitious and progressive business, we're interested in speaking with experienced Air Quality professionals based in the Bristol or London areas. We would encourage you to get in touch if you are thinking of a move, and even if we don't have an immediate role for you now, we will keep in touch until we do, so either way we would love to hear from you.
You will already have experience in undertaking air quality impact assessments involving road traffic, combustion and odour emissions using air quality dispersion modelling software and monitoring programs to inform report writing and contribute to Environmental Statement preparation. You will also have an interest in developing these skills to enhance assessments to reflect emerging requirements in relation to both human and ecological receptors to provide a more holistic approach to air quality.
Duties will include:
- Dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial pollution sources.
- Writing air quality reports to accompany planning applications and Environment Impact Assessments.
- Initial site appraisals and consultation.
- Liaison with clients and key stakeholders.
- Technical supervision and mentoring of junior team members.
- Technical and commercial management of air quality projects.
- Developing assessment techniques to reflect requirement of emerging policy and guidance.
- Preparation of proposals for air quality projects (and coordination of other technical services).
- Business development of air quality services.
You'll be a seasoned Air Quality consultant, degree qualified in a relevant discipline and ideally experienced in working in leading, mentoring and supporting junior colleagues, working on a variety of land development and urban regeneration projects.
Additionally, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience of dispersion modelling (ADMS Roads and AERMOD or ADMS5) and be proficient with the application of GIS packages within an air quality environment
- Experience in assessment of road scheme in accordance with Highways England guidance (i.e. DMRB and WebTAG) is desirable
- Expertise in the assessment of emissions to air from the power, minerals, industrial or waste sectors would be advantageous
- An understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system
- An interest or experience in providing assessment of indoor air quality would be advantageous (but not essential)
- Full membership of the IAQM
Back to top