Air Quality and Climate Change Consultant
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a motivated Air Quality and Climate Change Consultant in our Bay Area office locations. The successful candidate will work with Stantec's growing Atmospheric Sciences team to further develop our service offering in air quality and climate change. This is an excellent career opportunity for a motivated mid-level to senior air expert who is a self-starter and can apply their experience in support of Stantec's Atmospheric Sciences team growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead air quality and climate change projects through a demonstrated understanding of regulatory language and issues, framing the problems, prioritizing risks, and designing solutions.
- Conduct air quality regulatory and compliance analyses.
- Develop emission inventories which include criteria pollutants, GHGs, and toxic air contaminants.
- Support preparation of federal, state and local air permit applications.
- Prepare comprehensive regulatory reports.
- Serve as an expert technical resource on air quality permitting and compliance programs under NSR, PSD, Title V, state, and local regulations.
- Serve as an expert in Bay Area Air Quality Management District rules.
- Serve as an expert in refinery air quality and greenhouse gas related projects.
- Manage multiple projects within scope, budget, schedule and ensure Stantec's quality standards on project deliverables.
- Coordinate between Stantec office staff, field personnel, clients, regulators, and other necessary parties.
- Ensure project finances meet Stantec's requirements.
- Collaborate with representatives of other Stantec services.
- Identify, maintain, and grow client relationships.
- Work with Stantec's Atmospheric Sciences leadership to assess and track emerging client needs and develop technically sound solutions.
- Lead and coordinate local business development and marketing efforts.
- Write proposals in collaboration with technical, business development, and marketing experts.
- Participate in key local and state air quality events, meetings, and technical conferences for branding of Stantec's Atmospheric Sciences services.
- Maintain local and state memberships at professional air quality organizations.
- Periodically travel for projects, business development, and administrative matters.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Provide as-needed technical training to expand team skills.
- Work with Stantec's Atmospheric Sciences leadership in growing Stantec's local team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Expert understanding of refinery state and federal air quality and climate change regulations.
- An in-depth understanding of the air quality market and regulatory trends in Bay Area and California.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Access desired.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with project teams, employees, department management, contractors and consultants in a professional setting.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, excellent organization skills, strong communication skills, and a passion for high quality of work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare written reports.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
- CAL OSHA HAZWOPER 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment
Education and Experience
- BS in engineering, environmental science or related degree; MS/PhD a plus.
- 7 years of air quality and climate change consulting experience.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for positions filled in our San Francisco office.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations: United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003KT
Back to top