Advisory Analyst, Transportation
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transit Advisory Group is focused on providing management consulting services such as business planning, operational analysis, fleet reviews, financial analysis, organizational change, asset management, economic analysis, and strategy support. We primarily serve public sector transit agencies in North America but offer our services to private sector clients as well. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management to improve performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices in the provision of effective and efficient transit.
The Transit Advisory Analyst position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work on diverse transit-related projects that span all elements of the industry including but not limited to planning, operations, fleet, technology, customer service, marketing and other management consulting services. As part of our team, you will also have the opportunity to work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Operational and financial analysis.
- Cost-benefit analysis.
- Economic analysis.
- Reporting writing and documentation.
- Research, as well as stakeholder outreach and engagement.
A typical assignment may include researching best practices, conducting a survey, developing a quantitative model, developing a business case, reporting and client presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest and preferably experience in transit, particularly transit operations.
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is a requirement of this role.
- Interest in or familiarity with programming languages (ex. Python, SQL).
- Aptitude for communicating complex technical processes in accessible and non-technical language.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree with a major in business, economics, finance liberal arts, operations research, or a related field. However, preference will be given to candidates who have an MBA.
Work experience in Transit environment is considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Transportation Planner
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190001FR
Back to top