Administrative Assistant - Water
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind . The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents.
We've recently strengthened our presence by completing the acquisition of engineering services firm, MWH Global. This means more career opportunities for you in consulting, design, and construction for the water and natural resources sector globally. We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are now a global player in the water / wastewater market! Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Stantec is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our highly successful water practice in Kelowna, BC .
Your Duties: This person has strong administrative expertise to provide administrative support to our Kelowna office and secondary administrative support to the other offices as required.
- Project support including administering contracts from initialization to close-out, processing regulatory applications for plan review, building permits, change orders, and support multiple project teams.
- Assist with proposal development - entering proposal pursuit information into the company wide database, gathering information, preparing, formatting, assembling and distribution.
- Assist with project staff scheduling which includes data entry and generating reports from RPM database program.
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings, boardroom bookings, and arranging catering.
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of letters, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, specifications, or report formatting as assigned.
- Facilitate travel arrangements for staff as required, invoice coding; assist with preparation of expense accounts and timecard administration.
- File management, including creation of new files, filing and coordination with Records Management, the offsite long term storage of project records.
- Add and update resumes and project profiles in the company wide database.
- Act as a back up to other Admin Assistants and Office Coordinators (reception duties) as needed.
- Attend and support weekly meetings by updating the project and proposal spreadsheets with the engineering team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Ideally, a diploma in office administration with minimum 3 - 5 years of administrative assistant, preferably experience in a "projects" environment; experience within a consulting engineering, construction companies, architecture, or other professional environment is highly desirable.
- Intermediate level skills/experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Sharepoint, FilemakerPro, and/or InDesign experience is beneficial.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Photoshop.
- Very good communication and writing skills, including proofreading and typing accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate well, be highly organized, detail oriented, resourceful and dependable.
- Must have positive, can-do attitude while taking charge of any assignment given.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with professional health and safety culture, and procedures is considered an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top