Administrative Assistant - Transportation
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Stantec Hamilton (Stoney Creek) office requires an Administrative Assistant to support our Transportation project team
We have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with strong multi-tasking, interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills to provide administrative, operational and project related assistance. This position will be ideal for an individual who takes pride in keeping the team well organized, running smoothly and to be able to "think ahead".
Your Duties: As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative, operational and project related assistance
- Liaise with staff members and assist with project administration including reports, proposals, correspondence schedules, minutes, spreadsheets, letters, presentations, database lists, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Organize, attend and minute meetings including the coordination and tracking of action items and deliverables
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and deliverables, as requested
- Clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, courier, printing, mail distribution, etc.
- Processing expense reports and timecard administration, as required
- Travel coordination and arrangements
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings and boardroom bookings
- Assist with document control including filing and archiving
- Reception coverage on occasion
Your Capabilities and Credentials: You are an effective "team player" who has demonstrated an ability to work with little or no supervision, multi-task and have the ability to work effectively in an environment with competing priorities and confidential/sensitive issues. As a self-motivated individual, you excel at working independently and also enjoy a team environment. This role requires an individual with at least 2-3 years of related administrative experience along with preferably an administrative related certificate or diploma. Additional qualification details include:
- Previous experience working on projects with an Engineering firm is desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office 2010 applications and presentation support tools, specifically Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience using MS Project would be an asset
- Experience and ability in learning and adapting to programs and processes quickly
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of how to create, maintain and retrieve information quickly and effectively
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading skills and typing accuracy
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top