Your Opportunity: 2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: Our Environmental Services group in Waterloo, ON is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant, to provide support with the day to day administrative requirements of a multi-office group. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Leader (BCML), and will be working closely with the Sector Leader (BCSL) and Discipline Leader (BCDL).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and processing of correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, forms and templates
- Documenting minutes of meetings
- Creating and maintaining internal filing systems
- Scanning, photocopying and binding documents
- Coordinating agendas, meetings, travel arrangements and special events
- Preparing, formatting and using excel spreadsheets and databases
- Supporting conformance with company policies, procedures and ISO-certified Integrated Management System
- Support client managment programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills. The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- A Business Administration diploma and a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience in consulting firm is required
- Detail-focused individual, who has the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast pace working environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working independently and within a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in office systems, and general office maintenance
- Advanced expertise in the Windows environment, including the full suite of Microsoft office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Reader/Writer.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top