Accounts Payable Technician
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Technician to join our Financial Services team in Edmonton, AB. This position is responsible for the processing of all Accounts Payable transactions and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external suppliers.
- Processing high volume of accounts payable invoices and employee expense claims in an electronic environment
- Audit of on-line employee expenses
- Provide customer support assistance and communication to Stantec offices within an assigned region
- Ensure appropriate approvals received prior to processing manual invoices
- Process work in a timely and accurate manner
- Work in a team environment to ensure that the goals of the Accounts Payable team are met as established
- Undertake special projects or assignments as delegated
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 1 year experience in an Accounting environment or 1 year of Post-Secondary Education in Accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work activities
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction - both internal and external
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Experience with Oracle Accounts Payable
- Experience in a centralized accounts payable department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in French
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top