Stantec, has an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Assistant (with a treasury focus) to join our team in Warrington on a permanent basis.
• AAT qualified
• Experienced in financial accounting (ie: treasury, balance sheet reconciliations, cover for fixed assets, general accounting and support to the tax accountant)
• Proven experience in an accounting environment and in role
• Assist in the overall Cashflow analysis, consolidation & reporting in respect of Stantec UK business and the Stantec London Office
• Daily preparation of Cashflow forecasts
• Weekly and monthly cashflow reporting to Global Treasury and UK FD
• Administration of all Stantec UK bank accounts in line with the companies policies & procedures, authority levels & external regulations.
• Bank Mandate maintenance
• Participate in Bi-weekly cash forecasting and treasury review calls with Global Treasury
• Bank Guarantee management for all Stantec UK businesses
• Administer all cheque requests, oversees payments, transfers and other transactions.
• Administration of Share related transactions.
• Ensure authorised signatories are on file for all bank accounts and regularly reviewed
• Production and maintenance of Promissory Notes
• Ensure that the cashbook is posted on a daily basis and reconciled weekly
• Prepare month end reconciliations for all bank nominal ledger accounts
• Ensure compliance to all relevant SOX procedures, internal control and policies
• Ensure that all unallocated transactions are analysed, fully reviewed and cleared down monthly
• Prepare and post interest calculations and supporting invoices to group
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Support the Tax Manager with preparation of VAT returns and various other tax related activities
• Ad-hoc support to finance manager and the wider finance team as required
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
• AAT or equivalent qualification
• Strong MS Office skills
• Proactive, highly motivated & enthusiastic
• Analytically minded
• Attention to detail
• Organised approach to work with good time management skills
• Able to deal with change positively
• Strong Communication, project management, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills and abilities
• Proven treasury experience
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Accounting, Accounting Finance, Business Support
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top