Account Manager - Oil & Gas
- Bemidji, MN
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science
Does working with clients on great projects, with a diverse team while contributing to top line sound like you?
Stantec's Environmental Services team is seeking a Senior Environmental Professional to serve as an Account Manager within our Oil & Gas sector. The position can be located within one our Central US offices and is for those that are passionate about teamwork and collaboration.
With responsibility for client satisfaction of a key account, you will work to understand their growth strategies, initiatives and expectations and then translate that understanding into superior customer service and account growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an integral part of the team leading our Environmental Services growth efforts within the Oil and Gas Sector, you will understand our service offerings and identify opportunities to grow these services to meet client needs and expand our geographic coverage.
A strategic thinker, talented in managing expectations, organizing information and communicating clearly, your key focus areas will be:
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers to deliver a successful client account program
- Provide leadership and program management on a wide variety of technical services
- Mentor staff as we grow our client base and workload
- Business Development
- Grow key accounts with a focus on environmental, engineering and other technical services
- Engage our clients in meaningful discussions about their most critical issues and translate those discussions into opportunities to deliver solutions
- Introduce new Stantec service offerings to the client collaborating with Stantec Subject Matter Experts that focus on service delivery to the oil & gas industry
- Actively participate in proposal and pricing development
- Support project delivery within their area of expertise
- Actively participate in regional and national industry groups to advance the Stantec brand
- Strategic Thinking
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client
- Assist in the growth of Stantec by collaborating with our technical experts in the development of new service areas
- Anticipate medium and long-term client needs and industry dynamics
- Innovate and enhance Stantec's Oil and Gas capabilities, geographic foot-print and integrated approach
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional experience in managing large Oil & Gas client relationships with a focus on environmental and engineering services
- Preexisting relationships and experience with Oil & Gas companies throughout North America. Experience developing and leading successful teams that provide solutions to clients' needs
- Demonstrated experience in team building, delivery of integrated services, and contract negotiation
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and desire for team success
- Geographically based in US Gulf Coast or Central US Region (preferred). Travel is required to manage accounts throughout the US
Education and Experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree in a science related discipline or engineering. Master's preferred.
At least 15 years of relevant professional consulting experience, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
At least 5 years of experience with building client relations and developing business.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Other Locations: United States-Michigan, United States-Iowa, United States-Kentucky, United States-Illinois, United States-Missouri, United States-Texas, United States-Minnesota, United States-Ohio, United States-Wisconsin, United States-Indiana, United States-North Dakota, United States-Kansas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003HS
Back to top