Technical Success Manager
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Technical Success Manager at Stack Overflow, you’ll work in tandem with internal stakeholders to increase usage of the platform by existing customers and discover their technology needs. The Technical Success Managers help our customers get the most out of our product offerings and, during the post-sales motion, you’ll work with customers to help them apply Stack Overflow for Teams to their current environment and development practices. This is an opportunity to engage at the intersection of code, systems, sales, and customer success, while also learning the ins and outs of operating a growing software business. The Technical Success Manager is essential to a successful customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort and ideas will matter. You’re relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you’re selling and take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Engage post-sale technical conversations to guide prospective customers through the assessment of Stack Overflow, while understanding the customer’s technical environment and organizational challenges, and then applying a solution to fit
- Ensure comprehensive overview of technical validation on behalf of the Customer Success and Technical Services teams
- Engage with and maintain strong relationships with customers by receiving and responding to questions, concerns, and feedback
- Perform basic troubleshooting of common issues, working with and escalating to the internal team as required
- Follow-up on previously escalated issues by tracking their progress and ensuring their completion in a timely manner
- Identify trends in needs and problems across customers and surface them to the team in order to better the product and lower future support burdens
- Ensure that our customers have the best possible experience with our product and team
- Strong awareness of the customer journey and how a to strategically guide customers toward agreed upon goals and outcomes
- Engage and meet with customers both virtually and onsite in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs
- Identify common customer challenges amongst your customer cohort to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Customer Success, Account Executive, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Mentor other members of the Customer Success team
- Ability to craft internal and customer-facing assets
What you need to have:
- 2 years of hands-on technical customer sales and support experience which involved identifying and resolving technical issues for a SaaS product
- Experience managing C-Suite and Executive-level conversations within a SaaS environment
- SQL skills-- You can read and write SQL queries, know how to do joins, and can understand a schema
- Ability to understand the needs of our customers and create an effective plan to install and maintain our Enterprise product in their environment
- Ability to present and communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English to an audience of varying roles and titles
- Ability to take a proactive and empathic approach to dealing with customers and users. You like to see the world through their eyes, and get ahead of their issues with fixes and improvements
- Can work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with internal points of contact from a variety of different backgrounds and levels of technical ability
- Technical writing skills-- proven written technical documentation from a previous role, or excel at communicating technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong organizational skills-- ability to juggle multiple customers and issues at the same time, and need to be able to stay on top of things and maintain regular communication with both customers and the rest of your team
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and Gainsight a plus
- Experience in both a pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Experience with our tech stack: C#, MS SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
- The ability to read and navigate a codebase. You can take a stacktrace and work your way through to understand what is really happening behind the scenes
- Networking and firewall configuration and troubleshooting experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top