Strategic Customer Success Representative
International Location: London, UK.
Stack Overflow is the leading destination site for all things developer. It is the go-to place for developers to ask and answer questions, and for employers to find the right technical talent and better understand the way developers work. With nearly 40 million monthly visitors and 10.2 million programming questions, Stack Overflow has unparalleled insights into how developers think, what matters to them and what gets them excited.
We are seeking a Strategic Customer Success Representative to work on Stack Overflow Talent, which aims to help great companies find great developers, and vice versa, through job listings and a searchable database of developer profiles.
One of the ways in which we do this is by ensuring that our clients will be as successful as possible, both by knowing how to use our products and how to communicate with the developers that make up their audience. This is where you come in: as a Customer Success Rep you will assist our sales team pre-sales with any product related questions and suggestions, and post sales you will visit our larger accounts to provide in person training and onboarding, and will monitor the usage (and to what success) of the products. You will be instrumental in ensuring our customers will be successful using our platform, and in doing so be their coach, first point of contact, and advocate. Your focus will be on the EMEA market, and the position will be out of our London office. You will report to the Director of Customer Success.
What you’ll do:
- Offer pre-sales support and aid sales crafting packages and solutions
- Assist on sales calls
- Be a technological resource to the Sales Representatives
- Offer post-sales onboarding and training after initial order has been placed on an on-call basis when clients onboard new hires
- Hold refresher courses as needed for clients
- Monitor accounts, check and report on usage, and quality
- Offer help and advice based on reports
- Assist managing account
- Keep your ears to the ground: you might hear and see things that the Sales Representative may not; then relay pertinent information back to sales rep
- Work with marketing to create CS collateral
This job will require a fair amount of travel.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience training people, preferably on using web apps or software, in large, multinational clients
- Experience going on outside sales calls
- In-depth experience using web applications
- Genuine curiosity about technical concepts, and the ability to pick them up quickly and easily
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to speak the language of technology, and the ability to teach our non-technical customers to understand this language
- Friendliness, patience, diplomacy, and adaptability
It would be nice if you have:
- Excellent command of written and spoken German
- Understanding / interest in / use of talent.stackoverflow.com
- Awareness and understanding of meta.stackexchange.com
- Experience working in conjunction with software engineers in the workplace
- Knowledge of the recruiting space and / or SAAS experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Great start-up office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with huge monitor, ergonomic chair and height-adjustable desks
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Meet Some of Stack Overflow's Employees
Jon works on marketing infrastructure campaign production and a number of initiatives related to diversity inclusion—on top of the standard duties that accompany being a developer.
Back to top